Foundation: Offer clients an experience that feels familiar
When clients sign up for your portal, it is important to offer them an experience that feels familiar and safe. We recommend that you:
- Connect a custom domain. A custom domain will make clients feel more secure because they are now on a URL that you own.
- Connect a custom email domain.They will now receive their invite and other email notifications from a known sender. Email notifications are also less likely to go to spam.
- Customize your portal. Upload your your logo, set your color scheme, and add your login image.
- Customize your Apps. Disable Apps you don't need, reorder them based on importance Apps, and update their names and icons.
- Set up a friendly welcome message. If you have the Messaging App enabled, new clients will receive a welcome message the first time they log in.
Inviting clients successfully
Your goal should be to make all your clients Active. Active means that the client has successfully accepted their invite and set their password. We have some tips:
- Before inviting your clients, tell them about the invite in advance, so that the email invitation they receive doesn't come as a surprise.
- If the client hasn't accepted their email invitation in a few days, you can click on the actions button and click on "Resend invite" to resend the email invite. You can repeat this process as many times as you like, but we recommend to do it no more than 2 or 3 times. If the first invite wasn't accepted you may also consider reaching out the client directly and walking them through the process.
- If the above step doesn't work, you can also try a more hands-on approach. Click on the actions button for the client, select "Resend invite", and copy the invite link. You can now paste this link into an email or SMS, and manually send the invite link to the client with a customized message.
You can invite your clients individually, or you can also bulk import clients from a .csv file. You can read more about importing clients here, and instructions for creating and inviting clients can be found here.
Letting clients self-serve sign up
If you instead want to let a user navigate to a page where they can self-serve sign up, you may consider enabling direct sign up.