Google Drive lets you upload, store, and share files. You can connect anything from Google Drive by following the instructions below:
Connecting Google Drive
- Go to App Setup, and click Add New in the top right corner.
- Click Add under Don't see your App?.
- Set a title and icon that represents the App.
- We're going to set this up as an automatic App so that we can embed the same file for every client. (If you want a specific file for each client, change to a manual App)
- Leave this as Show as embed so that the client isn't directed outside of the portal.
- Next, go to your Google Drive:
- Find and open the desired file you want to embed.
- To share a File, click the 3 vertical dots (kebab menu) in the top-right and select Share. Make sure the sharing permissions are set to Anyone with the link can view.
- Next, click the kebab menu again and select Open in new window.
- In the new window, click the kebab menu in the top right and select Embed item...
- Copy the iframe code.
- Go back to the App setup page and paste the copied code into the content box.
- Click Save.
- To check if clients can view the App properly, click on Client Experience in the bottom of your sidebar, and the click Open portal. This will open the client experience in a new tab. You'll need to have a test client setup in order to log in as a client. Click Here to learn how to set up a test client account.
- Once logged in, click the App on the sidebar to preview the client view.