To create an invoice, navigate to the Billing > Invoices page and click on New. On the invoice creation page:
- Select an individual client or company. If you select a company, any client associated with the company can view and pay the invoice.
- Add one or more line items, each with a price and quantity.
- Optionally add taxes.
- Specify if you want to auto-charge or notify the client to pay manually.
- If you select Automatically charge payment method, you will need to add a payment method for the client.
- If you select Notify client to pay manually, the client will receive an email notification that notifies them about the invoice. If you select this option you can also set a due date.
- Optionally add a memo.
- Optionally add attachments.
- In the Advanced settings section, you can also:
- Specify if you want to allow credit card payments, ACH payments, or both.
- Specify if you or your client pays for payment processing fees
In the top-right you can also click on Preview to get a preview of the client experience.
- If you selected Automatically charge payment method above, the preview will just show the invoice.
- If you selected Notify client to pay manually above, you can preview the client email notification, client checkout experience, and invoice.