To create a subscription, navigate to the Billing > Subscriptions page and click New. On the subscription creation page:
- Select an individual client or company. If you select a company, any client associated with the company can view and pay the subscription and associated invoices.
- Add one or more line items, each with a price and quantity.
- Optionally add taxes.
- Select a billing period.
- Select the start date and the end date.
- Specify if you want to auto-charge or notify the client to pay manually.
- If you select Automatically charge payment method, you may add a payment method on behalf of the client (note that this works for credit cards but not for ACH payment methods). If you do not add a payment method, the client is notified to add their payment method for the 1st invoice and will subsequently be auto-charged (this works for credit cards and ACH).
- If you select Notify client to pay manually, the client will receive an email notification that notifies them about each invoice. If you select this option you can also set a due date.
- Optionally add a memo.
- Optionally add attachments.
- In the Advanced settings section, you can also:
- Specify if you want to allow credit card payments, ACH payments, or both.
- Specify if you or your client pays for payment processing fees
In the top-right you can also click on Preview to get a preview of the client experience.
- If you selected Automatically charge payment method above, the preview will just show the invoice.
- If you selected Notify client to pay manually above, you can preview the client email notification, client checkout experience, and invoice.