Make it easy to share relational databases with your clients using Airtable directly from your portal. You can embed an entire Base, or share only a specific View by following the instructions below:
- Go to App Setup, and click Add New in the top right corner.
- Click Add under Airtable.
- Set a title and icon that represents the App.
- We're going to set this up as a manual App so that we can embed different data for each client.
- Next, click Add. You will be taken to to the App's page, where you can set the embed for each client.
- Click Connect App under a client.
- Leave this as Show as embed so that the client isn't directed outside of the portal.
- Next, go to the Data Table you want to share from your Airtable account.
- To embed an entire base, click share in the top right corner. Under Base, click Share Publicly and click the link to copy it.
- To embed a specific view, click share in the top right corner. Under View, select the view you want to share from the drop-down menu, then click the link to copy it.
- Go back to the App setup page and paste the copied link into the content box.
- Click save.
- To check if clients can view the App properly, click on Client Experience in the bottom of your sidebar, and the click Open portal. This will open the client experience in a new tab. You'll need to have a test client setup in order to log in as a client. Click Here to learn how to set up a test client account.
- Once logged in, click the App on the sidebar to preview the client view.