Make it easy to share relational databases with your clients using Airtable directly from your portal. You can embed an entire Base, or share only a specific View by following the instructions below:
- Go to Modules & Extensions, and click Add New in the top right corner.
- Click Add under Airtable.
- Set a title and icon that represents the extension.
- We're going to change this to a Local Extension so that we can embed different data for each client.
- Next, click Add. You will be taken to to the extension's page, where you can set the embed for each client.
- Click Connect Extension under a client.
- Leave this as Show as embed so that the client isn't directed outside of the Portal.
- Next, go to the Data Table you want to share from your Airtable account.
- To embed an entire base, click share in the top right corner. Under Base, click Share Publicly and click the link to copy it.
- To embed a specific view, click share in the top right corner. Under View, select the view you want to share from the drop-down menu, then click the link to copy it.
- Go back to the embed extension setup page and paste the copied link into the content box.
- Click save.
- To check if clients can view the extension properly, open an incognito window and log in with a test client account. Click Here to learn how to set up a test client account.
- Once logged in, click the extension on the sidebar to preview the client view.