Looker Studio (formerly Google Data Studio) allows you to turn your data into informative, easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable dashboards and reports. The instructions below follow along with the video above:
Connecting Looker Studio
- Go to App Setup, and click Add New in the top right corner.
- Click Add under Google Data Studio. Note- we have not made the name change in the product as of January 2023, but in the future you will find this under Looker Studio.
- Set a title and icon that represents the App.
- We're going to set this up as a manual App so that we can embed different data for each client.
- Next, click Add. You will be taken to the App's page where you can set the embed for each client.
- Click Connect App under a client.
- Leave it as Show as embed so that the client isn't directed outside of the portal.
- Next, go to your Google Data Studio home page and select a document that you want to share.
- Click edit, then click the main Share button in the top-right corner. Set the link setting to Public (anyone with the link can view).
- Then click the share drop-down arrow in the top right corner (to the right of the main Share button). Enable embedding.
- Copy the embed code or copy the embed URL, either will work the same way.
- After copying the embed code or URL, go back to the App setup page and paste the copied data into the content box.
- Click Save.
- To check if clients can view the App properly, click on Client Experience in the bottom of your sidebar, and the click Open portal. This will open the client experience in a new tab. You'll need to have a test client setup in order to log in as a client. Click Here to learn how to set up a test client account.
- Once logged in, click the App on the sidebar to preview the client view.