Google Docs lets you create and edit text documents. You can connect a Document by following the instructions below:
Connecting Google Docs
- Go to Modules & Extensions, and click Add New in the top right corner.
- Click Add under Google Docs.
- Set a title and icon that represents the extension.
- We're going to leave this as a Global Extension so that we can embed the same data for every client. (If you want a specific document for each client, change to a local extension)
- Leave this as Show as embed so that the client isn't directed outside of the portal.
- Next, go to your Google Docs home page:
- Find and open the desired document you want to embed. (You can also locate and open a Google Doc within your Google Drive)
- To share a Document, click File>Share>Publish to Web and cick Publish on the Link tab.
- Now copy the link
- Go back to the embed extension setup page and paste the copied link into the content box.
- Click Save.
- To check if the clients can view the extension properly, open an incognito window and log in with a test client account. Click Here to learn how to set up a test client account.
- Once logged in, click the extension on the sidebar to preview the client view.