Google Sheets lets you create and edit text documents. You can connect a Sheet by following the instructions below:
Connecting Google Sheets
- Go to App Setup, and click Add New in the top right corner.
- Click Add under Google Sheets.
- Set a title and icon that represents the App.
- We're going to set this up as a manual App so that we can embed different data for each client.
- Next, click Add. It will take you to the App's page, where you can set the embed for each client.
- Click Connect App under a client.
- Leave this as Show as embed so that the client isn't directed outside of the portal.
- Next, go to your Google Sheets home page:
- Find and open the desired document you want to embed. (You can also locate and open a Google Sheet within your Google Drive)
- To share a Sheet, click Share, and under General Access, change it to Anyone With Link.
- If you want clients to edit or only view the sheet, make sure to specify on the right.
- Now copy the link
- Go back to the App setup page and paste the copied link into the content box.
- Click Save.
- To check if clients can view the App properly, click on Client Experience in the bottom of your sidebar, and the click Open portal. This will open the client experience in a new tab. You'll need to have a test client setup in order to log in as a client. Click Here to learn how to set up a test client account.
- Once logged in, click the App on the sidebar to preview the client view.